For our office in Krimpen aan de Lek/Hardinxveld-Giessendam, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled, Electrical Design Engineer (40 hours a week).
The Electrical Design Engineer carries out project-based engineering- and drawing work on electrical systems.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Has an active, executive role in the engineering and drawing of electrical systems of both new construction and changes after commissioning (as-built):
- Manages the standard drawing files and any revisions;
- Implements any changes from classification societies, customers and shipyards;
- Is the point of contact for classification societies, quality controls and production;
- Is involved in developing and improving products;
- Provides functional descriptions, FMEA, operational- and service manuals;
- Maintains communication with the customer; leads the approval process, sends diagrams and information, answers questions;
- Support commissioning and after-sales.
- MTS ++ Electrical engineering;
- Knowledge of PLC systems;
- Experience with SEE Electrical (or similar), Caddy ++;
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD Electro and regulations is an advantage;
- Good contact skills, self-starter, team player;
- Mastery of Dutch and English, German is an advantage;
- Affinity with mechanical drawing and the maritime world;
- Being able to work independently as well as in a team, open to feedback.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
- Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in an international environment
- A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.