Are you looking for a boring 9-5 job? Then look elsewhere!
To strengthen our Sales team we are looking for an enthusiastic Sales Manager IWW (40 hours per week)!
As a Sales Manager you are responsible for maintaining customer relations, you follow up on customer questions and you feel responsible for the sold project from A to Z. You also like to tap into new markets. Of course you are also responsible for achieving the set commercial targets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You are engaged in acquiring new opportunities and take responsibility for achieving the set targets;
- You are a representative of our company in the best possible way, you remain in close contact with (international) relations, customers and prospects for providing information about us and our products and services; you represent us and know how to express all the characteristics and benefits of our Maritime solutions;
- You are present at exhibitions and at customer events; you follow signals from the market about possible projects and work closely with the Area Sales Manager and the rest of our organization on sales strategy and product portfolio;
- Being ‘en route’ a lot is not a problem for you;
- You make offers and support the project departments in the execution of (complex) projects;
- You can be typified as a networker who develops a relationship with technical specialists as well as company directors;
- Eventually you will also make proposals for innovation of products, systems and working methods, which can lead to better quality, lower costs and/or more turnover.
- Training in the direction of Shipbuilding / Commercial / Economics / Business Administration at HBO level; excellent command of the Dutch and English language and preferably a second foreign language (such as German and/or French);
- Experience built up, preferably also internationally, with Marine Components within the Inland Water Way market;
- Minimum five years (commercial / projects) experience in Maritime sector; and has a relevant network in the (international-) Inland Water Way market;
- You set priorities, act adequately in stressful situations; dare to take responsibility;
- Characteristics such as: good contact behavior and good commercial and negotiation skills (including contracts); independency; taking initiative; self-starter, networker are recognizable to you.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
- Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience;
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in an international environment;
- A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development.
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.