From our location Hardinxveld-Giessendam we are looking for a travel-loving and motivated Field Service Engineer.
The Field Service Engineer independently carries out repairs, commissioning, test runs and safety inspections on board of inland and sea vessels close to home-base and abroad.
You work with our diverse product range of steering and steering systems, electrical (and electronic) control systems, nozzles, hydraulic systems and winches.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Our ideal candidate
- Performs repairs, commissioning and test runs independently
- Performs safety inspections
- Ensures assembly and installation of project components in the workplace
- Provides assistance with service, repair and safety inspections of both hydraulic and electrical installations on board ships close to home-base and abroad
- Writes service reports and performs a decent administration after the job.
- MTS training or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience in installing hydraulic installations, as well as experience in welding, burning and cutting
- Preferably experience in installing electrical installations
- Willingness to work abroad
- Language proficiency in English and preferably German and / or French
- Familiarity with shipbuilding and inland shipping is recommended
- BE driving license (incl. Trailer)
- Willingness to take courses
- Able to work independently but also in a team, open to feedback
- Analytical, pragmatic, resourceful, independent, representative
- Salary in accordance with education and work experience
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in a fast-growing, international environment
- A varied position in a dynamic company
- Good reimbursements and excellent secondary employment conditions
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems. Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.