For our office in Krimpen aan de Lek / Hardinxveld-Giessendam (from August), we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and competent Mechanical Design Engineer (40 hours a week).
The Mechanical Design Engineer performs all occurring drawing work on mechanical systems, steering gear and rudder drawings in particular. You also do the engineering on nozzles and hydraulic systems. You are able to make various mechanical calculations. In addition, sales support, production support and contact with class fall under your responsibility.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Mechanical Design Engineer,
- Does all common engineering activities concerning in particular rudders and steering gear, nozzles and hydraulic installations;
- Is capable of making various mechanical and hydraulic calculations;
- Can make drawings for:
- Conceptual proposals
- Machine configurations
- Work preparation
- Cutting- and bending-work
- Is aware of regulations of Shipping Inspection and various Classification companies
- Gives technical support to project management, production, sales and service
- Makes proposals for technical improvements of (standard) products and (new) developments
- Communicates projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Primary degree in e.g. mechanical engineering; level of working and thinking preferably on bachelor's level;
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD-systems, preferably SolidWorks and AutoCAD;
- Pro active in acquiring knowledge to solve technical problems;
- Good communication skills, ambitious, willing to learn;
- Dutch and English language; German is a plus;
- Capable of working independently but also in a team, open to feedback;
- Analytical, pragmatic, resourceful and independent
- Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in an international environment
- A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.