Damen Marine components is a part of Damen that’s specialized in building a variety of maritime components for the shipbuilding industry. All products are fabricated at Damen-owned production facilities. For you the task to create a solution for combining the current decentralized plannings, including required procedures and software. In the end you’ll give an advice for a new methodology in planning and on responsibilities per actor in the planning cycle. You work from our location in Krimpen aan de Lek but will also travel to different locations (Hardinxveld – Hamburg – Polen – China).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Make an overview of the current planning tools throughout 5 offices in 4 countries;
- Judge the currently available tools for suitability for combining the current plannings, taking into account the cost implications per tool;
- Advice on new methodology in planning;
- Advice on responsibilities per actor in the planning cycle.
The right student is:
- Pro active;
- Willing to travel;
- Interested in shipbuilding;
- Fun to work with!
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.