Ensure legal conformity and provide legal advice and support on all legal aspects of the business. Ensures consistent legal advice, support and coordination of national & international proposals and contracts. Provides support to contract manager(s).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate a full range of contracts, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Supports (sales, procurement e.g.) team(s) during negotiations with drafting / reviewing contracts and aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with the terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies as all applicable (int.) laws and regulations.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal and external policies and procedures.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers and / or legal advisors and assists in court trials.
- Supports the further professionalizing of company’s contract management through the whole contract life cycle.
- Monitors contracts or any other documentation where the company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and/or draft documentation for (general) business transactions and prepare and advise the management.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
- Master degree in Dutch law.
- Experience in preferable international shipbuilding business or manufacturing / construction business.
- In-depth knowledge & experience of general in-company legal counsel practices.
- In-depth knowledge of (inter)national contract law.
- Good command of Dutch (mother tongue) and English language (written and verbal).
- Willingness to frequently travel long distances.
Please send your application to: email@example.com