Supports (project) management is the process of systematically and efficiently managing contracts from the proposal and contracting phase, handover to project team, execution of the contract, delivery of the vessel and warranty period, enabling project management to maximise operational and financial performance of projects and minimising risk throughout the contract cycle . Is accountable for the professionalizing of contract management through the contract life cycle.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supports the legal counsel during negotiations with aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with all terms and conditions.
- Review contracts, appendixes, agreements and other documents, in close cooperation with the legal counsels to ensure consistency between all documents.
- Analyze the contract terms & conditions and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- Identify possible contractual issues and propose for solutions in case of disputes and supports project management on legal and / or contractual implications.
- Performs correct administration and documentation during the (pre)contract life cycle, implements changes in contracts and/or appendixes and handling claims when needed during execution of the contract including during warranty period, in close consultation with the legal counsels and (project) management.
- Prepares contract changes for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Professionalize contract management through the contract life cycle, including risk management and document control. Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Ensure that subcontracts and other contractual documents are consistent with all terms and conditions in de main contract.
- Maintain records of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports and other documents – as supporting information for any claim/dispute arising during or after the project.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.).
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
- Bachelor or master degree in Dutch law and a relevant technical study, preferable in Naval Architecture Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of contract management, preferable in the shipbuilding Industry.
- Experience in the (inter)national maritime manufacturing sector and maritime management.
- Knowledge of (inter)national contract law and corporate law.
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Please send your application to: email@example.com