The Time & Attendance Administrator (PT 24 hours a week) accurately maintains the time and attendance (T&A) system for all employees by entering all hours of work and other information (such as vacation time, sick time, leaves of absence, etc.) that impacts pay and attendance records.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review and maintain time and attendance system to ensure all hours are approved and processed.
- Validate time and attendance and payroll data.
- Process employee hire forms, change of information, temporary staff and terminations.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements for payroll are met (statutory holiday calculations, overtime hours) and process as required.
- Verify that all requests about Cost-Of-Living-Allowance, travel allowance, mobility allowance etc. are checked and administrated.
- Support management and staff in daily operations, preparing adjustments as required.
- Maintain employee files in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Educate and train staff on the employee tools used for managing time and attendance.
- Assist managers/supervisors/ secretaries with the maintenance of the time and attendance system.
- Assist the Payroll Administrators with complex issues, questions and special needs as they arise.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) level 4 with a diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Time and Attendance and payroll systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites programs, with intermediate level Excel skills.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with Personnel Manuals.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.