Responsible for supporting management or entire department. Provides administrative support and performs numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors, routing callers, and answering questions and requests.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manages the agenda of the manager(s) of the department; this includes planning appointments and meetings, collect facts and data for discussion, take minutes of meetings.
- Receives and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate.
- Handles confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
- Prepares documents, invoices or relevant statements.
- Arranges business trips including travel documents.
- Arranges anniversaries, farewell receptions etc.
- Administrative activities for the purpose of ongoing projects, collect and process additional documentation, orders, memos and invoices.
- Ensures all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Relevant intermediate vocational education (MBO), preferably secretarial or administrative.
- At least 5 years of experience as a management secretary or similar administrative role.
- Skilled in collecting and interpreting data and compiling management information.
- Proficient in MS Office and general “back-office” software.
- Basic knowledge of standard documentation and archiving techniques.
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.