Responsible for design, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure and system solutions as requested by business and to enable relevant stakeholders to do their job. This in line with IT policies and practices, with corporate guidelines, (business) strategy, plans and external rules & regulations. This to ensure accurate support and enable the business to lead the organization in a secure, effective and efficient manner.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, optimize, monitor and maintain the infrastructure and systems with high performance by delivering quality IT products and services on a timely basis.
- Perform user support and handle incidents and changes concerning the ICT (network) infrastructure in line with service level agreements with users.
- Perform high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery as well as create and document preventive measures.
- Design, implement and maintain high performance of technology and infrastructure based on the IT group policy and services and specific high security business requirements of DSNS.
- Design, implement, maintain and support the technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components, including data storage technologies.
- Provide recommendations for process and configuration improvements.
- Drives processes and methodologies in compliance with military security regulations.
- Performs incident and changes coming to the Infrastructure & operations department.
- Design and implement quality improvement which optimizes and benefits the business and report service status and issues.
- Supports life cycle management on IT infrastructure and systems.
- Works in line with HSEQ policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Bachelor degree in IT and/or technical business Administration or other relevant technical study at B.Sc. level.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in hands-on in IT infrastructure and operations, referable in the maritime / defense or related industry
- Experience in high secure technical IT environments, preferable the maritime / defense or related industry.
- Hands- on experience in and implementation, support and maintenance of complex IT Systems and Infrastructure;
- Knowledge in managing Checkpoint-, Palo Alto Firewalls, Aruba Switching, HP-IMC, Routing, Aruba Clearpass.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Due to summer holidays, we will continue the procedure as from week 34.
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.