Responsible for design, maintenance and support of IT applications and system solutions as requested by business and to enable relevant stakeholders to do their job. This in line with IT policies and practices, with corporate guidelines, (business) strategy, plans and external rules & regulations. This to ensure accurate support and enable the business to lead the organization in a secure, effective and efficient manner.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, optimize and maintain IT applications with high performance by delivering quality IT applications and services on a timely basis.
- Deliver and maintain agreed service level to users.
- Design , implement and maintain high performance of IT applications based on the IT group policy and services and specific high security business requirements of DSNS.
- Design, implement, maintain and support the IT applications & system software components.
- Drive processes and methodologies in compliance with military security regulations.
- Perform incident and changes in IT applications.
- Design and implement quality improvements which optimize and benefit the business.
- Support life cycle management on IT applications.
- Works in line with HSEQ policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Bachelor degree in IT and/or technical business Administration or other relevant technical study at B.Sc. level.
- Minimum (5) years of experience in hands-on business IT applications , preferable in the maritime / defense or related industry.
- Experience in high secure technical IT environments, preferable the maritime / defense or related industry.
- Hands- on experience in and implementation, support and maintenance of complex IT applications.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Due to summer holidays, we will continue the procedure as from week 34.
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.