In this position you are responsible for both the time administration and a part of the financial administration. The Time & Attendance Administrator accurately maintains the time and attendance (T&A) system for all employees by entering all hours of work and other information (such as vacation time, sick time, leaves of absence, etc.) that impacts pay and attendance records. The main responsibility of the Financial Administrator is the maintenance of financial records, the processing of income and expenditure, purchase of goods and services and the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks.
Time & Attendance Administrator
- Review and maintain time and attendance system to ensure all hours are approved and processed.
- Validate time and attendance and payroll data.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements for payroll are met (statutory holiday calculations, overtime hours) and process as required.
- Support management and staff in daily operations, preparing adjustments as required.
- Maintain employee files in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Educate and train staff on the employee tools used for managing time and attendance.
- Dealing with all aspects of purchase ledger invoice processing - checking, coding, batching, posting to the accounts system.
- Setting up and maintaining customer and supplier accounts.
- Investigating and resolving supplier/ customer queries.
- Preparing supplier payment runs.
- Sales Ledger cover, to include: finalizing sales invoices, credit notes and proforma invoices, processing payments received.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) level 4 with a diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Time & Attendance and payroll systems.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with Personnel Manuals.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting and filing procedures/practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience of accounting software packages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites programs, with advanced level Excel skills.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal.
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) specializes in design and construction of Marine vessels for the Royal Dutch Navy as well as various other clients worldwide. DSNS is part of Damen Shipyards Group, the largest Dutch shipyard that definines shipbuilding all over the world. DSNS has 450 employees and is based on a modern and innovative engineering department consisting of 120 highly skilled engineers who are responsible for design, basic- and detail engineering for all Marine vessels built in Flushing as well as various other Damen Shipyards built vessels.