As an application manager you work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of application management. You carry out engineering IT initiatives supports the business to ensure operational issues are resolved timely and within budget. Systems are stable and the data integration is accurate. You think out of the box in the development of the applications and interfaces between the applications, to increase effectiveness within the engineering processes. You provide insight into enhancements (functional and technical subject matter expertise) and contributes the development of an ongoing strategic technology roadmap. You work with solution providers to create new capabilities to ensure scalability and fulfilling growing needs of the business.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintains and professionalizes key engineering ICT applications with high performance by delivering maintaining & optimizing quality applications on a timely basis as part of the DSNS engineering organization.
- Drives new thoughts in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past.
- Takes ownership of engineering applications to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and cost.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the users.
- Manages day-to-day work, as well as long-term planning into a productive and cohesive ICT support.
- Measures and drive the performance for all applications within engineering and define budgetary impact.
- Contributes to the further development of the D&OM department.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Bachelor degree in ICT or relevant technical study at Bachelor level.
- Five (5) years of experience in application development & maintenance within a technical, engineering environment.
- Knowledge of 3D design and engineering applications, PDM solutions and engineering analyses tools.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel long distances and work abroad when needed.
The Data & Office Management department is part of the Engineering Office. This group consists of specialists for a wide range of activities that all aim to support the project. This is, among others, in the area of configuration management, CAD applications and Product Data Management (PDM).