Responsible for the preparation of commercial and technical proposals for governmental end customers (national and international) in relation to defence and security products & services of the company. Working in a multi-disciplinary team in the proposal process under the guidance of a proposal manager. Guiding and coordinating technical and commercial activities of combat systems for new ship designs and for maintenance or refits in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command and control systems. This results into an integration of systems into a naval combat suite for Damen naval ships. With finally the delivery of a winning proposals in accordance with customer needs and within internal planning for proposal timescales and budgets.
Location: to be discussed. This will be a combination between our offices in Vlissingen and Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Is responsible for the preparation of high quality combat system proposals in line with customer expectations, on time and within internal budget for ships proposal preparation.
- Providing a capacity planning, including required internal hours and costs before executing a proposal response.
- Ensuring that customer requirements are translated into a feasible, well-balanced and optimized design and/ or support solution.
- Providing coordination to design engineers and other team members in the proposal process; Preparation of all required design documents and other relevant documents, calculations and drawings.
- Coordination and provision of an adequate and accurate technical definition and a specification consistent with the estimated cost and master planning.
- Supporting in the preparation of different plans as required in the proposal ensuring their consistency, which includes: Master Planning, Building Strategy and Management Plans.
- Liaising with other departments within the company for information, alignment and optimal project results.
- Support and revision of the cost calculation process ensuring accuracy, completeness and adequate reflection of the technical definition and planned project execution.
- Assist in discussions with customers on the design and/ or support solution, specifications and other documents.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
- A bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant Technical Study.
- Hands-on experience in manufacture & subcontract management of complex systems.
- Experience in hands-on coordinating a commercial design & proposal process; Expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience.
- Experience in design & integration of (combat) systems preferably in complex new built naval ships.
- Competent in Dutch and English language (English: written & verbal CEF B2 or higher).
- Able to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development.
DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.