The Senior Integration Engineer HVAC-R Systems works on a broad variety of tasks in the field of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC-R) on board of ships. Can be involved from the first proposal- till final delivery. Works, during the execution of the project in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the required engineering output. Implements technical and practical knowledge into the design.
Contributes to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, reviewed supplier’s documentation, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Writing of technical specifications for suppliers and sub-contractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Performs technical evaluations of quotations from sub-contractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engaging in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system; (providing a good starting point for the commercial negotiation).
- Responsible for integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, sub-contractor, statutory bodies and owner.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information/documentation; (i.e. mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.).
- Providing input and updates for the engineering database; (i.e. purchase orders, parts, meta-data, documentation).
- Performs required technical calculations as basis of the design or to validate the sub-contractors design.
- Composes technical/functional specification documents.
- Supervises all contractual obligations of the sub-contractor(s) and keeps track of deviations to the contract.
- Supervises the outsourcing of the detailed engineering work (3D environment) and verifies the output.
- Verifies technical performance of products and systems (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offers technical support or commissioning activities to projects.
- Ensures good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Organizes design checks, reviews and risk analysis in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Contributes to the further development of the engineering department.
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in the field of HVAC engineering or proven work skills based upon experience.
- For relevant discipline training: see training matrix.
- For mandatory safety training: see training matrix.
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC-R systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in electrical and automation maters for HVAC-R equipment.
- Quality, planning and budget awareness.
- Able to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Preferably two years’ experience in HVAC engineering.
- Preferably experience with statutory bodies.
- Proficiency in Dutch and English language written as well as verbal.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
The Marine & Propulsion department within Engineering is responsible for specification, selection and integration of mechanical systems installed on ships based upon specifications, regulations and in close cooperation with suppliers, purchasing, sales and other departments. The scope envelops all complex mechanical systems like propulsion, auxiliary systems and HVAC.
The department Marine & Propulsion department is the part of engineering that:
- Determines the mechanical systems.
- Integrates the propulsive driveline into the vessel.
- Provides the necessary technical diagrams.
- Routes the piping, tubing and cabling in the vessel design in 3D (NUPAS/CADMATIC).
- Carries out and supports external parties during the 2D detail design phase.
- Provides supports to the yard during the build phase on all above subjects.