You will make structural calculations starting from construction plans up till more detailed calculations of ship structures and integrated foundations. Calculations aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, weight, producibility, maintainability, etcetera. Where necessary FEM calculations will be applied. You will be responsible for Class approval the structure and conduct technical meetings with among others, suppliers and Class represent-atives. You will direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform structural calculations starting from construction plans up till more detailed calculations of ship structures and integrated foundations;
- Participate in calculations of strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, weight, producibility, maintainability etcetera;
- Perform FEM calculation;
- Ensure Class approval and conduct technical meetings with suppliers and Class representatives;
- Direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD.
- A technical background, at least at intermediate vocational level, preferably in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiar with ship Class calculations and Class tools, such as DNV-GL Nauticus, LRS Rulescalc.
- Familiar with FEM calculations, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP.
- Familiar with CAD systems, preferably NUPAS (3D) or Catia.
- Creative within your field.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepared to regularly travel within the Netherlands and abroad.
- Preferably with some years of working experience.
Department InformationDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding boasts a state of the art Engineering organisation, which is responsible for basic and detailed engineering of ships consigned to DSNS for production at the Vlissingen yard and to an increasing extent for production abroad.
The Naval & Structural group is part of the Engineering department. The employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field.