Works on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Draws the ship systems based upon Piping Flow Diagrams, ship specifications, classification rules and internal standards. Calculates and determines sizes of piping and draws a detailed P&ID of the system, mainly during the basic engineering phase. Provides the basis for the routing of the piping in the 3D ship model. Remains available for support of these activities during design, construction and commissioning of the ship. Works, during the execution of the project, in a team of several engineers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designs ship systems for maritime projects based on Piping Flow Diagrams, ship-specification, (class) rules and regulations.
- Executes calculations on sizes of piping.
- Carries out in detail technical discussions and with other colleagues.
- Draws P&ID’s representing the systems in Microstation or AutoCAD.
- Defines required piping components and registers each component into PDM-system (Team-Center)
- Checks suppliers information to ensure correct interfaces in close cooperation with technical specification department.
- Professional education on Bachelor level or equal based on experience.
- Knowledge of piping systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Working knowledge of CAD software preferably Microstation or AutoCADCadmatic.
- Preferably familiar with Class-regulated products.
- Preferable knowledge of Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience of working in a 3D environment (e.g. Cadmatic) is an advantage.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal).
- Organized and accurate way of working.
The Marine & Propulsion department within Engineering is responsible for specification, selection and integration of mechanical systems installed on ships based upon specifications, regulations and in close cooperation with suppliers, purchasing, sales and other departments. The scope envelops all complex mechanical systems like propulsion, auxiliary systems and HVAC.
The department Marine & Propulsion department is the part of engineering that:
- Determines the mechanical systems.
- Integrates the propulsive driveline into the vessel.
- Provides the necessary technical diagrams.
- Routes the piping, tubing and cabling in the vessel design in 3D (NUPAS/CADMATIC).
- Carries out and supports external parties during the 2D detail design phase.
- Provides supports to the yard during the build phase on all above subjects.