The integral planner in Schiedam works closely with the local entities. Also you are responsible for the total planning and the monitoring of the local planning. In this position, you plan activities of multiple projects based on information of the tender teams, project managers, engineering offices and Damen yards in Romania and Russia. You support the tender teams in setting up high level project plan for tender submission aligning the overall and sub-project plans, which reveals opportunities and threats in a timely manner. Based on your information and reports, project managers, team leaders, and subcontractors can adjust their course in a timely manner, anywhere in the world. You have a central role within the operations department, stationed in Rotterdam area. You report to Manager Operations and are responsible for collecting the monthly project reports and creating scenario planning to support the business unit operations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creating a baseline planning for all project activities based on the masterplanning and hour budget in association with project managers, teamleaders and subcontractors;
- Develop integrated project plans and logistic schedules (work breakdown structures);
- Maintaining and analysing the operational planning;
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in the (overall) planning and develop and propose improvements/solutions;
- Providing progress status overviews and preparing hour forecast information;
- Preparing project information for multi-projects planning (portfolio);
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, work flow, and design layout of equipment / work space for maximum efficiency;
- Provide timely and accurate planning related responses to internal customers.
- Bachelor Degree;
- Preferably 5 years of experience in the successful planning of complex technical projects;
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing- or industrial processes;
- Good understanding of all phases of project management, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing;
- Strong analytical capabilities and an expert in understanding of processes;
- Feeling for processes and relations;
- Experience with ERP programs and planning packages as IFS and Primavera;
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal);
- Affinity with the shipbuilding industry is a plus, but not required.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.