Because of new developments within the Cruise Ropax and Offshore market Damen is looking for professionals with a background in Marine Offshore or Cruise. Damen is about to enter the Cruise market with some exiting projects and 100+ meter Cruise and Cruise Expedition vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world.
As a Project Procurement Manager at the Damen CRO Division you are responsible for realizing the Project procurement of various packages, materials, goods and services for one off our Cruise projects. All this in such a manner that the required goods and services are available on time, under the best possible conditions, and in accordance with the set product specifications and company guidelines. You will be a member of a dedicated multidisciplinary project team which will be headed by a Senior Project Manager. Depending the project this team will be expanded with project purchasers or expeditors which will be managed by the Project Procurement Manager. The Project Procurement Manager will be managed by the Supply Chain Manager CRO.
Damen Shipyards Rotterdam is the headquarters CRO. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Procurement Manager Cruise include:
- Prepare tenders by sourcing for the most suitable suppliers and knowing the market. Together with suppliers you will support our Design and Proposal department on making budgets and planning the potential projects;
- In cooperation with Tender management responsible for the preparation of the Cruise project, sub-contracting packages, materials and services;
- You are responsible for setting up a Project Procurement plan in cooperation with the Project Director of the project. Monitor the Project Procurement plan on time, budget and staff. Regular update the client project team and Damen management director level if necessary;
- Purchase large packages with materials, installations, equipment, semi-finished products, main components and parts as part of the multidisciplinary project team;
- As a senior professional you are aware of new international regulations, markets, products, developments and technics within the Cruise industry;
- Responsible for developing and improve procurement processes within this new division of Damen;
- If necessary responsible for managing the Procurement team, which may consist of Purchasers, Expeditors or Administrative staff (depending the project).
Do you fit our profile of Project Procurement Manager Cruise? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, completed in a technical and/or commercial study;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within a multidisciplinary Cruise project;
- Advantage experience with a Project Procurement planning, Tender management department, Cruise regulations, Cruise related legal affairs (English law) and HSEQ procedures;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Dutch;
- We are looking for a Project Procurement Manager with a sense of commercialism, flexible, service orientated and proactive mindset. Fully aware of the commercial, legal and regulatory rules of the Cruise branch.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Department InformationThe unveiling of Damen Cruise, Ropax and Offshore (CRO) sees Damen commence with the construction of vessels, which are larger and more specific than those traditionally produced by the group. The division CRO is indicative of Damen's further growth of the Cruise, Ropax and Offshore market. To support this growth we are assembling a dedicated Damen CRO team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality is consistently applied to all the activities of this new strong entity. The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area (Schiedam). Damen CRO is part of Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services.