In the position of Yards Consultant you will be the liaison between the Business Unit Director and the Managing Directors on the yards and a coach/consultant to the management team of the yards. You will be contracted by Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam in The Netherlands, but travelling frequently: 2-3 weeks per month. The assignment will be for approximately 3 years.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Advise executive management of two Damen yards activities and processes, and developing policy to continuously improve the yards performance, its controllability, productivity and efficiency;
- Introduce lean manufacturing principles into the yard production process;
- Develop operational dashboard and KPI structure;
- Take proper measures to ensure that the ERP system is implemented and utilized to the best possible standard;
- Policy to change the yards organization, structure and culture in close consultation with the local Board and the Council of Administration (supervisory board), meeting the middle/long term objectives;
- Represent the Damen Yards interests towards all interested (third) parties;
- Ensure that the right Health, Safety and Environmental measurements, programs and targets are set.
- A proven track record of at least 10 years in the capital industry with approximately five years at policy setting level and with a preference for the maritime industry;
- Executive managerial experience with large (> 1000 persons) production organisations;
- Experience with executing change management with both cultural and structural aspects;
- Accepting a working and living environment abroad;
- Results driven and able to motivate and coach diverse teams to achieve quality results;
- Proven willingness to delegate entire task areas and set up appropriate monitoring and control mechanisms;
- Analytical and excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma or other quality improvement programmes is a must in order to establish World Class performance.
A pre- employment screening will be part of the recruitment process.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.