As Sales Assistant you will work closely with Sales Director for Large Ropax ferries. You’ll work in a position with a strong commercial focus supporting the Sales Director. You will be deeply involved in many aspect of supporting the commercial process of selling ships from beginning to end. You will prepare acquisition trips for the Sales Director, registering new sales opportunities in the CRM system, preparing presentations, offers and tenders and providing assistance in contractual preparations.
Required key capabilities include a commercially relevant education, a positive, yet assertive attitude, customer sensitivity, efficiency and effectiveness, stress tolerant.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Prior to signature of contract:
- Keeping the administration in the digital sales system up to date. Registering new sales opportunities and contact details of new prospects by the Sales Director;
- Preparing, organizing and occasionally attending (internal) meetings, and (international) exhibitions with close collaboration of the PR/Marketing department;
- Being responsible for the travel arrangements, agenda and other general activities for the Sales Director;
- Working closely with technical and financial departments for preparing tender submission and offers, supporting contractual preparations. General support towards the Sales Director;
- Making presentations that are suitable for sales/commercial activities.
Following signature of contract:
- Organising events and ceremonies for the delivery of the ship. Organising communication concerning contracts/clients;
- Supporting financial processes, such as preparation of invoices and follow up;
- Correspondence with clients and other stakeholders;
- General support towards contract management. You will deal with a number of sales processes and sales contracts at the same time, which requires a high level of efficiency, accuracy and excellent organisation skills. As a Sales Assistant you need to feel comfortable interacting with a wide spectrum of people at all organizational levels.
The ideal candidate:
- Administrative educated (MBO+);
- Relevant experience in a similar field of work;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English and Dutch;
- Has good computer skills and is familiar with usage of Customer Relationship Management systems (Salesforce);
- Ability to feel comfortable and work with people from different countries, cultures and different organizational levels;
- Is proactive, takes ownership and willing to go the extra mile for the project. Is flexible whilst remaining accurate under stressful situations;
- Representative, service oriented, decisive, team player, excellent organisational skills, reliable and accurate;
- 32-40 hours a week.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.