The Document Controller reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for accurate management and safeguarding of documentation generated by the project team, contractors and suppliers in support of the day-to-day operation of the project and in a manner that will enable all relevant parties to quickly retrieve them. This includes, but is not limited to, operating procedures, manuals, engineering/technical reports, correspondence and project management files.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Setting up processes;
- Control all aspects of project documentation on the projects with emphasize on the project utilizing various control methods/systems;
- Prepare, operate and update Document Control Procedures in line with the Company's Document Management System and project Document Management Plan;
- Ensure proper document control support is given to the project;
- Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to Project Managers;
- Ensure all documentation provided is as per Client quality formatting requirements. Formatting may include correcting templates, fonts and style, pagination and numbering and other activities that may be required to achieve a client's documentation requirements;
- Create Document Control and correspondence folders for individual projects;
- Work in strict co-operation with the Project Managers to ensure project progress status integration;
- Ensure all templates used with the department conform to the Company standard;
- Ad hoc duties as required to assist the project team.
- Practical / hands-on experience in document management roles in EPC projects of at least 5 years;
- Basic understanding of Engineering / Design / Proposal / Procurement / Construction / Commissioning / Logistics documents;
- Self-directed and highly-motivated;
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Experienced in Sharepoint;
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy;
- Excellent MS Suite software knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat;
- Familiar with the various e-Document management systems.
Department InformationThe unveiling of Damen Cruise, Ropax and Offshore (CRO) sees Damen commence with the construction of vessels, which are larger and more specific than those traditionally produced by the group. The division CRO is indicative of Damen's further growth of the Cruise, Ropax and Offshore market. To support this growth we are assembling a dedicated Damen CRO team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality is consistently applied to all the activities of this new strong entity. The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area (Schiedam). Damen CRO is part of Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services.