Since 2018, Damen started a brand new future under the name CRO (Cruise, Ropax & Offshore). A complete new adventure in which we believe and want to set the bar as high as possibly can by looking to maritime innovations.
Based on a variety of vessels and markets we have different product departments at Damen. Each product department has its own specialism. One of these product departments is Cruise, responsible for the design of a variety of cruise ships. For this department we are looking for a GA plan Engineer.
As a GA plan Engineer Cruise you are responsible for the preparation of the documentation for the sales department. You make the general arrangement plans for the vessels in 2D and develop 3D models and impressions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Developing 2D and 3D models regarding ideas, the technical design and layout of ships;
- Build and manage 2D and 3D parts library;
- Collaborate with Design & Proposal Engineers in order to achieve an optimized design and a complete and accurate offer;
- Participating in internal development projects in the field of 3D animation and visualization.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO degree) in Naval or Mechanical Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
- Good with 2D and experience with 3D modelling;
- Good knowledge of AutoCad, experience with Rhino is a plus;
- Familiar with rules & regulations of passenger ships, preferably cruise (escape, evacuation, fire integrity);
- Experience with (support to) weight calculations.
- You master excellent communication skills, in English and preferably Dutch;
- Accurate and customer-oriented;
- Ability to set priorities and to work efficiently.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.