In this role you will plan the activities of shipbuilding projects based on the input you receive from our tender team, project management, engineers and our shipyard in Mangalia. You will support the tender teams by providing high-level project planning for project proposals (overall and sub-projects). During the execution phase of the project you will support the project team by composing (and adequately monitoring) the operational planning for the engineering and construction activities. Based on your planning project managers, team leaders and subcontractors set their course, anywhere in the world!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creating a baseline planning for all project activities based on the master planning and manhour budget in coordination with project managers, team leaders and subcontractors;
- Developing integrated project plans and logistic schedules (work breakdown structures);
- Maintaining and analyzing the operational planning;
- Analyzing and identifying possible schedule risks in the (overall) planning and propose the best possible improvements/solutions;
- Providing progress status overviews and preparing manhour forecast information;
- Analyzing possible schedule impact of change events, based on a critical path analysis;
- Providing timely and accurate planning related responses to internal customers.
- Education: bachelor degree in a relevant professional field;
- At least 5 years of experience in the planning of complex technical projects, preferably in the shipbuilding or offshore industry;
- Good understanding of all phases of project management, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing;
- Strong analytical capabilities and an expert in understanding of processes;
- Feeling for processes and interpersonal relations;
- Experience with planning packages such as Primavera;
- Excellent professional communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
- High level of customer-orientation.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees, WE ARE Damen Shipyards Group! In our benefits program we offer you:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- A travel allowance;
- A profit sharing and pension scheme;
- Continuous focus on your professional and personal development provided by Damen Academy;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen CRO (Cruise, Ropax and Offshore vessels), strategically located in Rotterdam area is a rapidly expanding division within Damen Shipyards Group. At Damen CRO we coordinate shipbuilding and offshore construction projects from the very first sketches to client handover with a high level of customization in both design and outfitting. The ships or units are built on the largest shipyard of the Damen Shipyards Group in Mangalia