As a Proposal Engineer you prepare proposals based on requirements from customer in close cooperation with our Sales department. You prepare execution method statements and cost estimations based on specifications for vessels or offshore units, and determine the delivery times through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales). In addition, your task will involve development of new vessel concepts (in cooperation with internal and external designers) and to build and expand our current product portfolio for the larger offshore market.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Setting-up project execution methods and associated cost assessment and schedule in accordance with the requirements or 3rd party designs provided by client;
- Providing technical support to the Damen Sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Setting up (standard) designs in close co-operation with internal and external designers, in order to optimize pricing and delivery times, reliability of our estimation and to better guarantee the functionality of the vessels and offshore units;
- Liaising with internal departments and external parties for optimized project results;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Assist in market research to pinpoint focus markets together with sales and assist in defining new or improved concept designs;
- Preparing a list of technical and commercial qualifications and work on client clarifications and maintaining a clarification register;
- Organizing ship design reviews, specification reviews, for internal and external designs.
- Education: A bachelor or master degree in Naval Architecture;
- 0-2 years of experience (or relevant university thesis) in ship design, mechanical engineering or equivalent technical functions;
- Excellent professional communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
- High level of customer-orientation and ability to work on various projects at the same time.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees, WE ARE Damen Shipyards Group! In our benefits program we offer you:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package;
- At least 40 days of annual leave;
- A travel allowance;
- A profit sharing and pension scheme;
- Continuous focus on your professional and personal development provided by Damen Academy;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen CRO (Cruise, Ropax and Offshore vessels), strategically located in Rotterdam area is a rapidly expanding division within Damen Shipyards Group. At Damen CRO we coordinate shipbuilding and offshore construction projects from the very first sketches to client handover with a high level of customization in both design and outfitting. The ships or units are built on the largest shipyard of the Damen Shipyards Group in Mangalia