As a Project Manager Engineering Mechanical at the Damen Offshore Rotterdam Division you are responsible for the engineering process and output within the Engineering Mechanical discipline. Ensuring a smooth engineering and building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representative team. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased packages, systems (and equipment) and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, the Project Manager ensures that the yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. You are a member of a dedicated multidisciplinary Offshore project team which will be headed by a Sr. Project manager / Director. The Project Manager Engineering Mechanical will be managed by the Operations Manager Cruise & Offshore.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In cooperation with Tender management responsible for the Front- end engineering design phase;
- Manage engineering in different phases: FEED, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production;
- Manage an engineering team, supervise and asses team members, consisting of (lead) engineers (Damen engineers, sub contracted / outsourced engineering work local and international);
- Responsible for managing the integration of purchased packages / systems and equipment;
- Manage the client, Class and national authority’s approval process. Prepare lists of deliverables, estimate, and plan the engineering work;
- Monitor on quality, progress and costs. Assess input from own employees, but also from suppliers and partners. Preparation of status reports, organize document control and configuration control, organize review moments.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, completed in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology or equivalent;
- 8+ years of relevant engineering experience within multidisciplinary large complex Offshore or Cruise projects (FPSO / cable laying vessel / mini cruise / drilling rig);
- Advantage experience working with a Tender management department, Offshore and Cruise regulations, Offshore related legal affairs (English law) and HSEQ procedures;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Dutch;
- We are looking for a Project Manager Engineering with a sense of commercialism, flexible, service orientated and proactive mindset. Fully aware of the commercial, legal and regulatory rules of the Offshore and Cruise Industry.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.