Because of new developments within the Cruise and Offshore market Damen is looking for Engineers with a background in Cruise. Damen is about to enter the Cruise market with some exiting projects and 100+ meter Cruise and Cruise Expedition vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world.
Damen Shipyards is currently looking for a Project Manager Engineering Interfaces for our Cruise Ship projects. As a Project Manager Engineering Interfaces, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representatives and classification societies in order to ensure the final technical execution meets all requirements. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally you will also be involved in a supportive role for building and commissioning and attend trials if considered required, in order to close the practical feedbackloop towards the engineering team.
Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Interfaces Cruise include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers;
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment;
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work;
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners;
- Assisting during sea trials and preparing status reports. Organizing document control and configuration control;
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Interfaces Cruise? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Shipbuilding or Mechanical Engineering;
- At least five years’ experience in managing complex engineering projects, strongly preferably in the Cruise industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports;
- relocation package available under certain circumstances.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam is part of the new build division of Damen Shipyards Group. It is a new kid on the block for building quality vessels in the markets Cruise, RoPax and Offshore (CRO). Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam operates one yard, located in Romania with docks up to 48 and 60 meter width (Damen Mangalia). The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. In close cooperation with Damen engineering companies in Poland, Finland and Ukraine complex engineering is being done assuring operational excellence and safety.