The Project Manager is end responsible for vessel repair projects, from quotation till evaluation. Monitors project budget, execution of planning and project tasks in production departments. Escalates possible bottlenecks timely and effectively. Informs and consults clients on a regular basis.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare project planning and regular progress reports, and publishes/ communicates them according to procedures;
- Heads the Project Team;
- Manage, advise, instruct the production departments;
- Supervise and follow up the preparation/control of quotation and Tender Evaluation Sheet (TES);
- Monitor project progress using the project planning and budget in close cooperation with Cost Controller;
- Maximize project turnover by identifying additional works;
- Settle the invoice with the client;
- Close and evaluate the project;
- Maintains and builds relationships with local and international clients during the projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in shipbuilding/Marine Technology, Naval Architect/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in ship repair;
- Knowledge and experience in project management and cost calculations;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Project;
- Linguistic ability in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamentu is a plus;
- Leadership Skills;
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude;
- Good negotiation and commercial skills;
- No nine to five mentality.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.