Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque is looking for a Support Engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparing docking plans, training docking team.
- To assist and support all managers, head of services, estimated dept. into technical issues.
- To conduct feasibility studies together with the “problem owner” whilst taking into account technical and financial aspect.
- To define, write, check, evaluate and adapt implementation of technical procedures.
- Check and evaluate studies provided by engineering companies (Lifting plans).
- Naval knowledge or experience in technical marine industry.
- Read, write and speak fluent French and English.
- Microsoft Office, MS Project and Autocad.
Company InformationDamen Shiprepair Dunkerque, part of Damen Shipyards Group since 2012, is the only major ship repair yard on the north-east coast of France. Located in Dunkerque, its shipbuilding and ship repair experience dates back to the 19th century, and its long history underpins the yard´s current level of expertise and its highly skilled workforce. The yard is located in Dunkerque East Harbour, which is behind locks that ensure a constant water level and no tidal friction. Significantly, any vessel that can enter the port can be handled by Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque; the biggest dry dock has the same capacity as the largest lock.