Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) is currently looking for a Project Estimator in Vlissingen. As a Project Estimator, you are responsible for the self-compiling of commercial budgets and cost price of ship repair & conversion projects, based on analysis of drawings and specifications and in consultation with various project stakeholders.
Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has decades of experience in the repair, maintenance, refit and conversion of ships and offshore structures, both at our yard as well as in port and during voyages. We complete more than 1,500 jobs annually.
Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen
Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen is in prime position. On the coast of the south-west Netherlands, close to the historic port city of Vlissingen, the yard is on the major North Sea routes to Rotterdam and Antwerp. With an entrance width of 500 metres and open access to the sea, is is able to cater for vessels of almost any size.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Estimator include:
- Collecting and analysing information in order to estimate the cost, time, labour and materials required for project execution.
- Participating in pre-bid meetings and site visits as required which may result in occasional travel.
- Conducting (if necessary) technical surveys on location or outside the yard. This can involve both national and international travel.
- Preparing quotations based on customer-supplied specifications.
- Estimating the required capacity and cost, of subcontracted services.
- Creating breakdowns of work structure using Microsoft Project.
- Working with stakeholders through the project process to achieve market competitive project pricing. This includes coordinating with the purchasing department and providing support to commercial colleagues by providing expert knowledge in the field of both calculation and ship repair developments.
Do you fit our profile of Project Estimator? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or MAROF (or equivalent) as a minimum requirement.
- Experience with ship repair and maintenance (ashore or sailing).
- Knowledge of budgeting and planning in the ship repair industry.
- A strong background in mathematics.
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship repair industry.
- Linguistic ability in English. Dutch is a plus.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
- A flexible, client-oriented attitude.
BedrijfsinformatieDamen Shiprepair Vlissingen B.V. is gevestigd in Vlissingen-Oost en is onderdeel van de Damen Shiprepair & Conversion-groep. Deze groep bestaat uit 15 werven wereldwijd. Damen Shiprepair Vlissingen is gespecialiseerd in het onderhouden, repareren en verbouwen van schepen en andere maritieme objecten.