For the High Speed Craft department we are looking for a Lead Engineer Electrical & Automation. Within the Engineering department, a subgroup with 3 Electro specialists is formed. This department provides advice to the project teams in the field of Electro Engineering. As Lead Engineer Electrical & Automation, you are responsible for (developing), making, supplying and installing electrical equipment and equipment for various ship types. This is done in close cooperation with the responsible Project Leaders of Mechanical Engineering and Shipbuilding. You are involved in the entire Engineering process, from the Design Check to the Detailed Engineering. The electrical systems for our vessels are purchased from suppliers or co-makers, who in most cases do the engineering themselves. As Lead Engineer Electrical & Automation, you are involved in the selection of suppliers, give input to the selected parties, monitor progress and ultimately check the output of the drawing package. In addition, you support the production of electrical equipment and equipment and you are intermediate when installing the systems.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Take on, manage and realize the project (in close collaboration with the Project Managers of Mechanical Engineering and Shipbuilding);
- Screening of electrical specifications and providing advice on this topic to the project group;
- Performing feasibility studies / risk analyzes;
- Drawing up the planning for the Electrical Engineering projects and monitoring them;
- Evaluation of Electrotechnical Design (eg E-balance, one line diagram, I / O list);
- Keep in contact with Suppliers and Co-makers;
- Reconciliation with class about regulation;
- Monitoring progress and evaluation of electrical engineering in cooporation with (Foreign) engineering partners;
- Supporting the production with Electrical issues.
- Electrotechnical education completed at higher vocational level;
- Work experience in the maritime sector;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Strong communicative + coaching skills;
- Project management skills (set up planning, monitoring progress, cost control, work together with suppliers).
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.