You are at the start of your career and looking for position as Engineer Mechanical. Within the department of High Speed Craft / Ferries you will be part of an engineering team and work on a variety of topics to design and engineer solutions and help implement them in the ship types of High Speed Craft / Ferries. You will be able to work in different field of your expertise and in multi-disciplinary teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assessing input of detailed engineering, suppliers, services department;
- Working closely together in a multi-disciplinary team in which designer, procurement, logistics, services, etc. are represented;
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Performing calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Planning work;
- Preparing technical layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Capability to run a project within a multidisciplinary team;
- Capability of conveying a message, of convincing people, of making people enthusiastic, of presenting to a different audience.
Quality consciousness and a practical approach is in your blood. You are proactive, independent, creative and working accurately. In addition, you meet the following features:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- 1 to 3 years’ experience;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Good communication skills; English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The Global Engineering Network of Damen Shipyards consists of various engineering partners who work closely with each other to achieve a complete design of the vessel. This process is controlled from the Engineering department in Gorinchem. The work is performed within four product groups: Tugs, High Speed Craft / Ferries, Offshore and Transport and Damen Technical Cooperation. Each group is managed by a Manager Engineering and consists of several project teams. Each team which consists of both shipbuilding and mechanical engineers work on one or more projects, manager by the Project Manager.
The transformation of the first design to a complete and workable engineering package is the responsibility of the Engineering department. On this basis the ships can be built. Engineering focuses on the (further) development of existing Damen vessels, as well as to introduce new ships. The Engineering Department is also during the production of the ship involved and gives support if necessary.