You are at the start of your career and looking for position as Engineer Mechanical. Within the department of High Speed Craft / Ferries you will be part of an engineering team and work on a variety of topics to design and engineer solutions and help implement them in the ship types of High Speed Craft / Ferries. You will be able to work in different field of your expertise and in multi-disciplinary teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assessing input of detailed engineering, suppliers, services department;
- Working closely together in a multi-disciplinary team in which designer, procurement, logistics, services, etc. are represented;
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Performing calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Planning work;
- Preparing technical layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Capability to run a project within a multidisciplinary team;
- Capability of conveying a message, of convincing people, of making people enthusiastic, of presenting to a different audience.
Quality consciousness and a practical approach is in your blood. You are proactive, independent, creative and working accurately. In addition, you meet the following features:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- 1 to 3 years’ experience;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Good communication skills; English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.