As Design & Proposal Engineer you are responsible for the development and sales support of our products.
You prepare ship designs and adapt them to different customer requirements, prepare specifications and calculate costs through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designing vessels according to the criteria of the customer;
- The drafting of the general plan, technical specifications and delivery time in the context of the tender offer and presentation to the customer;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, so that the cost price is reduced and the quality, reliability and functionality of the ships can be increased;
- Liaising with internal departments such as Research, Engineering, Purchasing and Production for optimal project results;
- Monitor the progress of the project in the pre-sales phase;
- Provide technical support to the Damen sales organization during the contracting process, from the Damen office or in the office of the customer;
- Setting up the project planning, determining the cost price for additional work, drawing up the list of deviations and other customer-specific data;
- Product development including market research and concept design.
- a Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture and Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience;
- Good verbal and written command of the English and Dutch language;
- Customer-oriented, both internally and externally;
- Good communication skills.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The goals is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs / dredgers / workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.