As part of the Product Group Ropax, the Tender Manager reports to the Manager Product Group Ropax. The Tender Manager, in close cooperation with the responsible Commercial Manager, supervises and organizes the tender process for one or more large multidisciplinary and complex projects. The tender process is both procedurally and substantively supervised by the Tender Manager, from the receipt of the invitation to tender until the tender ready for submission.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and management of individual (pre-)qualifications and tenders.
- Perform an initial review of the (pre-)qualification documents.
- Perform an initial review of the Invitation to Tender (ITT) documents to establish the scope of work, tender deliverables, the tender schedule and the composition of the tender team.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Manager and the Client to understand their drivers, issues, expectations and requirements.
- Prepare in collaboration with the Product Manager and Commercial Manager a tender plan (analysis of opportunities, risks and strategy) Participate as a key member of the tender team, taking ownership of the tender process and develop clarifications, tender submittal, post-submittal clarifications, etc.
- Take the lead in cost estimating for complex conversion projects, and coordinate tasks with other assigned estimators to the tender.
- Based on the project specifications, accurately analyze the key cost drivers of the project and as such oversee the tender estimate for accuracy and compliance with the customer requirements and commercial strategy.
- Prepare and ascertain, in collaboration with the Commercial Manager, an overall analysis of potential technical/commercial risks and opportunities requiring further evaluation prior to final tender submission.
- Establish the requirements and deliverables of the tender team members, including review original writing and qualifications by tender team members for clarity.
- Ensure that the responsible Commercial Manager is fully briefed on client and key project/schedule/cost issues.
- Plan tender reviews and submittal deadlines according to the internal procedures and Customer requirements to ensure the tender deliverables are consistent and inline.
- Prepare the final tender documents or (pre-)qualification documents, i.e. physical format for tender, including cover set, tabs, photos, etc., as a minimum.
- If a tender is successful, assisting the Commercial Manager in transferring the contract to the project execution team.
- Evaluating the tender procedure in all its facets.
- Assist as needed in the development of prequalification documents.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and to self-prioritize.
- Good leadership qualities in a functional team.
- Process oriented with a technical mindset.
- Analytical and keen on cost drivers and potential risks.
- Good written and verbal communication in the English language.
- In depth knowledge of the conversion and refit industry, including cost saving practices and innovations.
- A detailed knowledge of project sequencing.
- Excellent PC skills to, amongst other items, prepare MS Project Schedules, MS Excel Spread sheets and MS Word.
- First principle estimating experience (advantageous).
- Working knowledge of Business Development and Contracts Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Department InformationThe unveiling of Damen Cruise, Ropax and Offshore (CRO) sees Damen commence with the construction of vessels, which are larger and more specific than those traditionally produced by the group. The division CRO is indicative of Damen's further growth of the Cruise, Ropax and Offshore market. To support this growth we are assembling a dedicated Damen CRO team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality is consistently applied to all the activities of this new strong entity. The Damen CRO team is strategically located in Rotterdam area (Schiedam). Damen CRO is part of Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services.