You are part of the sales team and work closely in all activities with our Belgian Sales Manager(s) of the Area to build up a commercial relationship with customers from the Belgian region. You attend to new business opportunities in order to increase the sales performance in the region. At the same time you are the first point of contact for the internal organization, i.e. the preparations and organization of meetings, company visits and tenders. You have to be flexible, able to act quickly, be forethought, and you have to take the lead when necessary.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keeping the overview and providing support on the sales portfolio;
- Active sales pipeline management: identify, log, follow up and close opportunities accurately;
- Researching and analyzing sales options;
- Preparing quotations and tender documents with close collaboration of multiple departments within the organization;
- Contract management i.e. preparing contracts, invoicing, and organizing (international) company/customer visits;
- Preparing, organizing and occasionally attending (internal) meetings, and (international) exhibitions with close collaboration of the PR/Marketing department;
- Being responsible for the travel arrangements, agenda and other general activities for the office team.
The ideal candidate:
- Is commercial and able to build up commercial relationships with customers;
- Is flexible whilst remaining accurate under stressful situations;
- Is proactive, takes ownership and willing to go the extra mile for customers;
- Has strong communication skills and a true team spirit;
- Has excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language (both verbally and written), knowledge of the French language is a preference;
- Acquaintance with the region is an advantage;
- Has an educational background in Commerce and Sales support;
- Has good computer skills and is familiar with usage of Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM);
- Has 3-5 years of working experience in relevant industries and is available full time.
Department InformationThe sales department is divided into 7 country groups, namely the Benelux, North, West & South Europe, East & South East Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The diversity between sales activities and the consequent market approach in the 7 country groups is extensive because of the differences in product types, distribution, types of customers, collaboration with agents, political influences, government regulations, method of project funding etc. Area Directors and Sales Managers are frequently required to travel. The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and (existing) customers. Partners include: employees at government agencies, port operators, shipping companies, contractors and marine service companies. The Sales Manager plays a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group and he/she is responsible for the local sales activities and turnover in a number of countries within the country group.