Within Damen, the IT&IM department is a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services and the driver for digital transformation. The mission of IT&IM is to create business value by means of technology for Damen Shipyards Group by innovating the (digital) collaboration between colleagues, yards, ships, customers and suppliers.
The Damen Group IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 fte and provides 24-7 service to 38 business units and 4,500 users.
Within the IT&IM department, the role of the IT BUILD team is to rebuild existing (IT) solutions or build new IT solutions that meet the (future) demands of the business and to embed those solutions within the Damen business. ‘BUILD’ does not only refer to (re)development of IT solutions. In fact in most cases, standard (cloud) applications will be bought and configured. The BUILD work is performed and governed in Waterfall or Agile style.
The ERP systems support essential business areas such as finance and accounting, HR, production and materials management, project management. Within this context, the Solution Architect has to make sure that ERP systems are improved, developed, configured, implemented in the right direction and in the right way. As such, the Architect is a key player in the IT BUILD team.
The Solution Architect for the ERP domain is responsible for the (technical) roadmap of the ERP Systems. Together with the representatives of the business (alignment) teams, the Solution Architect translates high-level business requirements into functional and technical ERP solution specifications and design. The architect should also challenge and help improve business requirements based on new technological possibilities and developments. Furthermore, the architect should make sure that the ERP system is embedded in the overall landscape in close cooperation with the Architecture team. Next, the architect supervises and coaches the ERP developers in the projects in which the ERP solutions are being (re)build (designed, (re)build, tested/accepted). The architect also drives the ERP Solution domain community that crosses both projects and the standing (support) organization.
As a Solution Architect, you are self-directed, passionate about data and technology and always focused on delivering the right results. You are an effective communicator capable of communicating complex insights to both technical and non-technical audiences. You apply your programming acumen and a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner.
As Solution Architect ERP you will report to the (Resource) Manager of the IT BUILD department.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Translate (future) high level business requirements into ERP requirements and technical roadmaps in collaboration with representatives from Business (Alignment) and RUN;
- Develop and maintain the ERP vision, technology roadmap and architecture, in close collaboration with key business and IT stakeholders;
- Drive and enforce the realization of the ERP roadmap and architecture across the business/IT organization;
- Improve our ERP system by leveraging existing technology, building new technology, or evaluate and integrate 3rd party solutions;
- Supervise and coach the ERP developers in the projects in which ERP solutions are being (re)build, to ensure that development of these solutions are in line with the roadmap and architecture;
- Embed the ERP system in the overall business/IT landscape in close collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture;
- Collaborate with the Towerleads from the RUN/ maintenance organization to ensure proper maintenance;
- Collaborate with Solution Managers from Business Alignment to ensure proper alignment with current and future business requirements;
- Proactively identify, evaluate, promote and explain new ERP technologies and developments;
- Maintain and share subject matter expertise/knowledge of the solution domain architecture and related functionality;
- Drive the ERP communities, consisting of representatives from Business, Solution Management, Enterprise Architects and from RUN / maintenance.
- Master education / thinking level;
- 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience with SAP for the processes Project Management, Manufacturing and Planning, Supply Chain Management and Finance;
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA;
- Experience in integrating SAP with other systems;
- Knowledge and experience with regard to architectural models, Togaf, Archimate;
- Excellent communication skills (English) and able to work in an international team;
- Self- motivated, taking initiative and sharing innovative ideas.
Within Damen and especially this department you have a lot of responsibility and freedom to come up and implement your own ideas.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Within Damen, the IT&IM department is a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services and the driver for digital transformation. The mission of IT&IM is to create business value by means of technology for Damen Shipyards Group by innovating the (digital) collaboration between colleagues, yards, ships, customers and suppliers. The Damen Group IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 FTEs(Full Time Employees) and provides 24X7 service to ~38 BU's(Business Units) and 6,000 users.