As junior Project Manager Engineering Mechanical you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners. You will also maintain contact with the client, or their representatives often via the overall Project Manager. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems (and equipment) and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally, you will visit yards and production locations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of engineers both national and international, focusing on: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Manage Budget, Planning, Quality and Risks with regard to the engineering of the vessel;
- Contact with all involved parties and manage the outsourcing of engineering work, ensuring that necessary approvals are attained;
- Managing the integration of systems and equipment, including requests for quotations and the vendor data process;
- Implementation of (standard) work processes in your project, organize review moments and preparation of status reports, organizing document control and configuration control;
- Ensure a good working environment and team spirit.
You have experience as an engineer and you are ready to take the step towards managing projects. You are a team player. You know how to motivate people and you are focused on quality and planning.
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 1 to 3 years’ work experience, also in managing engineering projects within the maritime industry;
- Willingness to travel (short trips about once a year);
- Good communication skills;
- English is a must, Dutch is a plus.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Within the Business Unit Offshore & Transport at Damen we work on specialized vessel which are custom designed and built according to client specifications. We work for the product groups Offshore & Transport, Defense & Security, Fishery, Cargo Vessels and Ferries. The Engineering department is responsible for the development of the Basic Engineering package including Class and Client approvals, management of Detail Engineering partners and production support. The policy of Offshore and Transport is increasingly focused on further standardization of the product range, equipment, production and parts.