As a 3D Design Engineer you are responsible for the preparation of the documentation for the sales department. You make the general arrangement plans for the vessels in 2D and develop 3D impressions and 3D print models.
Based on the diversity of ships and customers we have different product groups. The department High Speed Craft (HSC) designs fast ships, estimates cost prices and supervises construction.
For this department we are looking for a 3D Engineer.
- Developing and executing 2D and 3D models of ideas regarding the technical design and layout of ships;
- Ensure the compilation of the product presentation in compliance with corporate design for an optimum presentation;
- Monitoring the quality and standard of Damen for all visualizations and impressions.
- Build and manage 2D and 3D parts library;
- Collaborate with Design & Proposal Engineers in order to achieve an optimized design and a complete and accurate offer;
- You provide suitable material to the Communications department for press releases, brochures, websites, etc;
- Participating in internal development projects in the field of 3D animation and visualization.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO degree) in Naval or Mechanical Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
- Good knowledge of AutoCad, experience with Rhino is a plus;
- You master excellent communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Accurate and customer-oriented;
- Ability to set priorities and to work efficiently.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process
The High Speed Craft (HSC) product group is responsible for all high speed workboats within Damen, with the exception of Ferries. The standard series of High Speed Craft are Tenders(fast multi-purpose workboats), Stan Patrols (patrol boats), Fast Crew Suppliers (fast ships for the offshore industry), Stan Pilots (pilot boats) and Interceptors(high-speed interceptor boats). The product group is responsible for development and makes offers (specifications and cost prices) for the Sales department.