Prepare ship designs and adapt them to different customer requirements. Supporting the Design & Proposal Engineer with the preparation of the specification and calculation of the cost. Through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Affiliates, Production, Sales, etc).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ship design (with emphasis on 2D and 3D drawing) by requirements / criteria of the customer, Damen techniques and qualities, in account should be different issues such as: classification, laws and regulations, market trends, primary requirements, etc;
- Caring for assembling the product presentation such that compliance with corporate and optimal presentation is realized.
- Monitoring developments with respect to design and functional requirements to ships, making proposals for adaptation, innovation and standardization;
- Consultation with the Design & Proposal engineers in order to achieve an optimized design;
- Monitor the Damen quality and standard.
- At least MBO (Medior Vocational Education) working and thinking level;
- MBO degree in Naval or Mechanical Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
- Good knowledge of Auto Cad, Rhino is a plus;
- Good command of Dutch and English in written and verbal forms;
- Accurate and customer-oriented;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities and to work efficiently.
Within the Business Unit Offshore & Transport at Damen we work on specialized vessel which are custom designed and built according to client specifications. We work for the product groups Offshore & Transport, Defense & Security, Fishery, Cargo Vessels and Ferries. The Engineering department is responsible for the development of the Basic Engineering package including Class and Client approvals, management of Detail Engineering partners and production support. The policy of Offshore and Transport is increasingly focused on further standardization of the product range, equipment, production and parts.