As Senior Technical Lead you are responsible for the coordination of IT infrastructure. The network of Damen Shipyards contains 38 different international locations (yards). All maintenance and support activities are outsourced to our Managed Service Provider. You play a crucial role in coordinating the work, assessing (improvement) proposals and communicating with all parties involved.
You have deep technical knowledge and want to stay ahead in your expertise. You share your knowledge with the colleagues of our Managed Service Provider and act as source of information. You are part of the IT RUN Infrastructure Support team (around 10 FTEs) and report to the Infrastructure Support Manager. Your office is in Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Verify that the primary infrastructure is managed, maintained and supported as per agreed SLA by Managed Service Provider;
- Ensure change compliance by being part of the change verification and approval process. You review and approve changes with high impact in relevant domain;
- Check, verify and analyze reports of the Managed Service Provider;
- Signaling escalations and provide advice to the IT Operations Manager;
- Manage, maintain and support systems and services outside the scope of Managed Service Provider;
- Interface between Managed Service Provider, business and IT colleagues;
- Answer questions and provide technical insight and advice to Managed Service Provider;
- Participate in projects and provide knowledge and advice;
- Facilitate the Turn Over to Production process together with project teams and vendor(s);
- Initiate new Service Improvements that increase the quality of IT Services and benefit the business.
- You have intermediate vocational education (MBO+/HBO) in ICT;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Work experience within a large company (international is a plus);
- Experience in working with a Managed Service Provider is a plus;
- Knowledge about automation: VMware vSphere;
- Knowledge of Nutanix, Storage, CommVault backup is a pre;
- Certified with VCP-DCV;
- Are fluent in English and Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
As Senior Technical Lead you are the driving force within the team, you are proactive and you are the first contact person for projects. A professional and flexible attitude to the (internal) customer is important. You work in an international team of approximately 10 FTEs (colleagues at different locations), you are able to work both in a team and independently. You do not mind having great responsibility with regards to your own daily schedule.
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- an active social environment such as events and sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Within Damen, the IT&IM department is a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services and the driver for digital transformation. The mission of IT&IM is to create business value by means of technology for Damen Shipyards Group by innovating the (digital) collaboration between colleagues, yards, ships, customers and suppliers. The Damen Group IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 FTEs(Full Time Employees) and provides 24X7 service to ~38 BU's(Business Units) and 6,000 users.