You are part of the sales team and work closely in all activities with our Sales Manager(s) of the Area to build up a commercial relationship with customers from the region. You attend to new business opportunities in order to increase the sales performance in the region. At the same time you are the first point of contact for the internal organization, i.e. the preparations and organization of meetings, company visits and tenders. You have to be flexible, able to act quickly, be forethought, and you have to take the lead when necessary.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keeping the overview and providing support on the sales portfolio;
- Active sales pipeline management: identify, log, follow up and close opportunities accurately;
- Researching and analyzing sales options;
- Preparing quotations and tender documents with close collaboration of multiple departments within the organization;
- Contract management i.e. preparing contracts, invoicing, and organizing (international) company/customer visits;
- Preparing, organizing and occasionally attending (internal) meetings, and (international) exhibitions with close collaboration of the PR/Marketing department;
- Being responsible for the travel arrangements, agenda and other general activities for the office team.
The ideal candidate:
- Having a technical background, preferable in Shipbuilding;
- Has an educational background in Commerce and Sales support;
- Is commercial and able to build up commercial relationships with customers;
- Is flexible whilst remaining accurate under stressful situations;
- Is proactive, takes ownership and willing to go the extra mile for customers;
- Has strong communication skills and a true team spirit;
- Has excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language (both verbally and written);
- Acquaintance with the region is an advantage;
- Has good computer skills and is familiar with usage of Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM);
- Has 3-5 years of working experience in relevant industries and is available full time.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 34 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.