In this position you will be responsible for the overall design of ships as per initial designs and the lists of requirements from our customers. You will provide technical specifications, maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments, assure integration of the system and perform background studies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The preparation of design-, specification-, detail- and working drawings within the specified procedures and standards;
- The preparation of construction plans;
- Registering and archiving of designs, drawings and project-related information;
- Perform calculations or have calculations performed for further elaboration of weights, stability and construction in shipbuilding-related areas;
- Conducting feasibility- and risk analyzes when preparing construction plans;
- Produce part and order lists and prepare technical specifications for purchase orders with regards to specifications and planning;
- Register, monitor and identify more / less hours spent on engineering work;
- Planning and budgeting of engineering and calculation work;
- Coordinating and supervising the outsourcing of detail engineering.
- You have 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You have completed a technical oriented vocational training in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- You master good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You are quality conscious, precise and accurate;
- You plan and organize your own work effectively;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Each cluster has its own engineering department and several cluster- cutting departments such as Engineering Support, Standards, Reproduction and CAD/IFS Support. Engineering is responsible for the creation and management of the engineering packages of the cluster. Engineering means: the production of drawings, engineering calculations, production of technical specifications and construction instructions. This applies for both the naval part (hull, structure, stability, etc.), mechanical part (propulsion, pipe systems, etc.) and Electrical. The Engineering Department is responsible for the design and basic engineering of existing and new ship types, and coordinates and controls the outsourcing of detail engineering undertaken by other Damen establishments, including foreign offices, or by third parties. Each drawing group has access to employees with a naval, mechanical or electrical training (or any specialistic field of expertise).