The project management department is split up in 3 functional clusters. For the cluster ‘semi-standards’, we are looking for a senior project manager, who can act as team leader for the project managers within the cluster. As team captain you are responsible for the daily management of the team, including target settings, mid-year review and yearly appraisals. As a Project Manager you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary projects that are being built worldwide. These are the Tugs that are designed and built at Damen for the Harbour and Terminal as well as the coastal and offshore escort markets. Gorinchem is your default working location, but occasionally you will have to visit our international yards in Asia. As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this ‘elite’ team within Damen? Apply now!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute the performance cycle with the team members (target setting, mid-year review, yearly appraisal);
- First point of contact for the internal organization (Yards, Sales, Engineering, Purchase) the client and other stakeholders;
- Managing the contract (with support from contract management);
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Management Office and Planning. Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the operations process Gorinchem based. Visiting international engineering, co-maker and production locations (depending the stage of the project one’s every two or three months);
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain;
- Supporting / guiding and leading the (assistant) project managers, there competences and within complex projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management;
- Knowledge and experience of ERP, multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent leadership and communication skills, organization sensitive, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented. As a Team leader you give the right example and you coordinate all the projects within your team.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The goals is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs / dredgers / workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.