Communication is essential in every organisation. The Communications department works for the entire Damen Shipyards Group. The department is responsible for developing and coordinating corporate communications policy. The work area of Communications includes internal communication within the group and external communication aimed at the marketing of Damen and its products. Mostly communication in the form of exhibitions, customer and other events, maritime and commercial media, publications, website (content) management, social media, photography, video, graphic design, sponsoring and gifts.
The Communications department is also responsible for monitoring the Damen house style and the branding of Damen. The team consists of fourteen employees located both in the Netherlands and internationally (Italy and the Ukraine).
Within the department, the media team manages communication with the national and international trade media. Its roles include circulating Damen news, planning and organising group advertising, advising colleagues on media activity and producing a range of in-house publications for international distribution. It is a busy department, producing 150 press releases, over 50 online articles as well as placing 350 advertisements per year. As an intern at this department you will support the media team with their daily activities. You will receive substantive guidance from experienced colleagues and there is plenty of room to make independent choices and to develop yourself further.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your activities consist of:
- Being in contact with national and international trade media journalists and editors;
- Maintaining content resources, such as images, vessel plans and additional information on Damen products and solutions for fast, efficient supply, both proactively and reactively, in order to maximise Damen’s media coverage;
- Making press releases overviews;
- Maintaining contact database for optimal distribution of Damen press materials;
- Communication with advertising sales people to prepare Damen’s media strategy;
- Monitor Damen’s social media profiles and communicate with external platform users;
- Preparation of press releases and articles for internal and external publications;
- Coordinate content creation with external writers, editors and translators;
- Translation of text - Dutch-English and English-Dutch with the help of translation agencies.
- Conduct research into potential additional industry and non-industry media to raise Damen’s profile via relevant channels.
The ideal candidate:
- Follows a HBO / WO study Communications;
- Has an excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language;
- Has strong communications skills and is creative;
- Is a social media freak;
- Thinks out-of-the box;
- Hands-on and flexible mentality;
- Is available for a minimum period of 5 months.
What do we offer?
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere and professional guidance;
- A challenging, international environment where you have a lot of freedom and responsibilities;
- A very educational and fun internship;
- An internship fee.
Does this vacancy suits you? Don’t hesitate, send us your motivation and resume.