Within the IT&IM department, the role of IT Business Partners is to align with business, add value by assessing business needs and adapting technologies to maximize the effectiveness of new solutions, they assist to develop & manage strategic relationships, advise on future IT strategy to realize business goals, identify strategic business opportunities and challenges in the existing IT Service model.
It is in high interest of IT&IM to collaborate with the business stakeholders on constant basis and develop/deliver strategic plans/roadmaps representing the needs, rationale and tentative timelines focusing IT specific requirements for IT&IM department. IT Business partners team interacts with management representatives from a specific process domain, division, or/and business units as needed to meet the end goal.
- Point of contact b/w business executives and IT&IM management towards future business developments, challenges and related IT&IM needs;
- Point of escalation for Business towards designated owners within Business and IT&IM;
- Service Integrator for services offered by IT&IM.
- Anchor to bridge the gaps between Business and IT&IM (Push & Pull);
- Interface to strengthen the communication between Business and IT&IM (Push & Pull) ;
- IT Business Partners focus on strategic business plans and own the translation to business cases & project briefs.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers;
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units and IT&IM department;
- Gain insights on Business Strategy per domain;
- Support the Business in developing realistic and factual IT&IM budget set-ups related to their needs;
- Deliver strategic plans/roadmaps that show which IT&IM needs are relevant, when and why;
- Clarifies and supports roadmap(s) and the corresponding dependencies;
- Promote IT&IM strategy on all levels of the Business organization;
- Communicate relevant business information within IT&IM;
- Communicate key IT&IM initiatives towards the business;
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Build, Run teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards;
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office (iPMO) on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company;
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments by IT&IM;
- Moderate travel could be required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience;
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources;
- Desired skills, competencies and behaviors: excellent presentation skills, good interpersonal communication, strong analytical and conceptual skills, "To be" high level process modelling and analysis, Teaching / educating / coaching / mentoring stakeholders toward desired business outcomes, influential and charismatic especially with decision makers and operational teams (experience in change management processes);
- Change management experience in complex transitions;
- Excellent in both Dutch as English language, both in verbal as written communication;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to plan strategically.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you:
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Within Damen, the IT&IM department is a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services and the driver for digital transformation. The mission of IT&IM is to create business value by means of technology for Damen Shipyards Group by innovating the (digital) collaboration between colleagues, yards, ships, customers and suppliers. The Damen Group IT&IM department consists of approximately 160 FTEs(Full Time Employees) and provides 24X7 service to ~38 BU's(Business Units) and 6,000 users.