The Damen Shipyards Group is known for a portfolio of 36 shipyards, employing 12,000 people globally. Damen has delivered over 6500 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers approx. 160 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Besides the design and construction of ships ranging from tugs to ferries to pollution control vessels, Damen offers components and extensive after-sales services.
What do we offer? Insights into the Human Resources department of a large, international company and develop your research, communication and project management skills.
What will you do? The preparation of the employee engagement survey and support us with the implementation of the survey within our global company.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Field research: What has been done in the past, how can we best measure employee engagement;
- What do we want to measure: engagement or experience? What do the different divisions and locations want to know?
- Support the HR Management Team with setting up the design of the Employee Engagement Survey;
- Support us with the implementation of the Employee Engagement Survey;
- Track the progress of the completion of the survey;
- Analyze the results and make a final report with the outcomes and recommendations;
- Propose recommendations on how to improve employee engagement in the different divisions and the company as a whole.
The right student:
- Follows a Bachelor or Master study in Human Resource Management or a related field;
- Is proactive, flexible and takes initiative;
- Can work independently and is not afraid to ring the bell when needed;
- Is accurate and has strong analytical skills;
- Has good knowledge of the English language (both verbally and in writing);
- Has experience or affinity with Employee Engagement research.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic learning environment;
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere and professional guidance;
- A challenging, international environment where you have a lot of freedom and responsibilities;
- Internship allowance;
- Access to all our (Young) Damen activities.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 36 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 160 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.