The Field Service Engineer carries out servicing and repair work, supervises during construction, performs operational commissioning tasks, and provides training for ships and ship systems at locations around the world, taking into account the local conditions, cultures, and customs, so that the ships are kept in optimal operating condition.
We are looking for a French speaking Field Service Engineer!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Fixing breakdowns and carrying out maintenance, overhaul, and installation work in relation to mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and process engineering on all the relevant installations on both Damen ships and other ships;
- Supporting local shipyards with the operational commissioning of ships;
- Instruction/training of third parties in relation to the operation, use, and maintenance of ships;
- Performing administrative duties and drawing up project reports.
- Intermediate vocational qualification or Bachelor's degree in marine engineering for propulsion and auxiliary systems;
- Good oral and written command of both French, English and preferable Dutch;
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical engineering, and diesel engines;
- Valid navigation certificate between 1,500 kW and 6,000 kW;
- Independent personality with problem-solving skills and high degree of customer orientation;
- Minimum 3 years' relevant work experience.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Department InformationServices Operations is the heart of Damen Services, which delivers its services to the clients of Damen Shipyards as a total services solution provider. Damen Services provides a wide range of customer support services around the world for all aspects of the commissioning, deployment, and lifetime extension of the ships and installations that have been supplied by the company. Its primary focus is the provision of customer services in relation to commissioning, repairs, guarantee support, servicing, and maintenance. Organising training sessions for crew members, the delivery of ships, maintenance management, and the supply of parts during construction work are also part of the services portfolio. An example of Non-maritime deliverables are the supply of equipment (dredge pumps, pontoons, systems, etc.). As a total services provider and business partner of the clients of Damen Shipyards, Damen Services is also responsible for the deployment of human resources for structural and long-term projects.