You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining integrated project plans (work breakdown structures), in which engineering, procurement, logistics and production will be coordinated in such a way that timely supply for the global production sites of Damen Shipyards is realized. You will manage and control the logistics in the entire shipbuilding process. When necessary you will react and identify problems at their earliest stage. The information required to perform the job, is provided by the Project Managers. With this information you will create and manage the systematic processes needed with input from the line managers from the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop integrated project plans and logistic schedules (work breakdown structures);
- Manage, maintain and adjust project plans;
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in the (overall) planning and develop and propose improvements/solutions;
- Bird’s eye view of situations and processes in time, identify problems and react with a systematic approach, taking the consequences in account;
- Create and maintain various reports;
- Ability to think and work at an HBO level;
- Preferably 5 years or more relevant work experience;
- Strong analytical capabilities and an expert in understanding of processes;
- Decisive, stress resistant, good communication skills and customer oriented;
- Affinity with the shipbuilding industry is a plus, but not required;
- Experience with ERP programs and planning packages as IFS and Primavera;
- Experience with project plans and work breakdown structures;
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Within the Business Unit Offshore & Transport at Damen we work on specialized vessel which are custom designed and built according to client specifications. We work for the product groups Offshore & Transport, Defense & Security, Fishery, Cargo Vessels and Ferries. The Engineering department is responsible for the development of the Basic Engineering package including Class and Client approvals, management of Detail Engineering partners and production support. The policy of Offshore and Transport is increasingly focused on further standardization of the product range, equipment, production and parts.