For the Product group Pontoons & Barges we are looking for a sales driven Product Manager who can help shape the further future of this department. The department is located in Gorinchem.
The main responsibility of the Product Group is the preparation of designs and specifications of Pontoons & Barges, calculation of costs and determination of the delivery time through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales). In order to be able to give the right estimates, operational sailing profiles need to be assessed as well as a thorough design check, all based on the General Arrangement Plan. Additionally the department is responsible for the development of new pontoons & barges and optimalisation of our current product portfolio together with a team of specialists.
The Product Manager will head the product group Pontoons & Barges and reports directly to the MD of the Business Unit O&T, Jason Bronscheer. The department consists of 6 colleagues: Design & Proposal Engineers, Project Managers and a Secretary work closely together with the Product Manager in order to secure the contracts.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The new product manager:
- Is responsible for the design of all the Pontoons & Barges products of Damen Commercial New Build Division;
- Sees market developments and enthusiasms our sales department to be closely involved;
- Keeps up to date with technical development and innovations within the industry;
- Provides the Business Process Team with input for standardization for calculations, cost prices, offers/quotations and makes sure these standards are used within the department;
- Develops presentations and commercial documents, provides for all commercial information like GA’s, specs, budgets, delivery schedules etc.;
- Supports sales colleagues during sales visits and meetings and translates client’s demands into feasible technical solutions;
- Proposes and maintains the D&P project planning. Delegates tasks to the Design & Proposal Engineers and takes care of the assessment and development of the team.
The product manager will be part of the management team of the business unit O&T.
- Education: Technical education on MSc. level;
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering, naval constructions, regulations and other aspects that involve in Pontoons and Barges;
- Over 10 years of working experience;
- Sales driven;
- A motivating team leader, well balanced person with a creative and critical attitude;
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch.
Within the Business Unit Offshore & Transport at Damen we work on specialized vessel which are custom designed and built according to client specifications. We work for the product groups Offshore & Transport, Defense & Security, Fishery, Cargo Vessels and Ferries. The Engineering department is responsible for the development of the Basic Engineering package including Class and Client approvals, management of Detail Engineering partners and production support. The policy of Offshore and Transport is increasingly focused on further standardization of the product range, equipment, production and parts.