The Lead Engineer Automation executes projects related to automation and system integration. You use your knowledge in the field of automation and systems engineering on the technical performance within the Business Unit Workboats. Your main aim is that all delivered ships, satisfy the specific technical requirements of all stakeholders involved. Furthermore you follow and push forward the developments both inside and outside the company and ensure that these are well documented.
The group Electrical and Automation is part of the Business Unit Workboats. The employees are assigned to projects, where they contribute with their expertise to product definition as well as the delivery of product information.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans;
- Providing specific expert technical knowledge in the field of automation and system integration for both existing and conceptual designs of ships and systems;
- Review of automation (system) designs and component choices which have been made;
- Assisting with the evaluation of the technical performance of ships during engineering, production and commissioning phases;
- Supporting “automation” troubleshooting activities. In other words, you have to plan, execute and analyze measurements to come to a solution. Where required you initiate and support improvement-projects that lead to improved designs for future ships;
- Being actively involved in maintaining the automation portfolio and carrying out projects individually or with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in control engineering or a relevant other specialization;
- At least five years’ relevant experience in the field of automation and systems;
- Knowledge of advanced model based control methods;
- Up to date knowledge of industrial and embedded automation systems;
- Having an interest in human factors in automation;
- Knowledge of ship propulsion and marine system integration (is considered a plus);
- Familiarity with classification and rules and regulations in various countries, experience of working on a project basis (plus) and conversant with MATLAB and or Simulink.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
The goals is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs / dredgers / workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of (smart-customized) standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time; thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.